Sunday, December 10, 2017

Week 75: Odaliz

Nov 27, 2017

hey kids! This week was crazy and good. Nataly and her daughter Odaliz got baptized on Saturday. Sunday was ward conference and tons of people came!! It was so fun. We have a family (a mom, her son and her daughter) that have a goal to get baptized in December. The daughter and the son always come to church but the mom has a store in her house and always always always works. We were super worried that she wasnt going to get to church so during one of the talks, my companion was like "lets run to her store to go get her" and I was like "uhhh I have to play the hymn in like 5 minutes" and she was like "please! lets go" so, we ran out of the room and when we left the building, who did we see walking in the front door?? Hermana Victoria. Happiest moment of my life. She was kind of sad but then the relief society president gave her one of the HUUUGE boquets of flowers from the conference. So cute. Also, this week was obviously thanksgiving. A family of members had invited us over to make pizza and all week I was super stoked but then thursday morning they canceled on us haha. So, I was kinda bummed and I was joking with Presidente Molero (husband of our pensionista) and I was like "at least a turkey haha" and Hermana Brenda overheard and we came up for lunch (the kitchen is above our room) She had made chicken with mashed potatoes and vegetables and she made apple pie!!! yes, I almost cried. I love these people. They are such gems. Honestly. 
Also, my companion was sick one morning so I read like infiinity chapters in my Book of Mormon! So good. I love the part in Helaman when Nefi is like a gypsy fortune teller and is like "you wanna know who killed the judge? I know. Go and look" SO GOOD. haha I have gained a testimony that God has a sense of humor. This week was a little rocky companionship-wise. I think its hard because I am so close to coming home and my companion still has so much left of her mission. I think we must have been stressed and tired because we got into a little fight one day and let me tell ya, silence is colder than snow. Luckily, we both realized that Spirit runs away faster than an olympian when there is contention. it was a good learning opportunity to talk things out with her. Being a grown up is hard sometimes. 
I am so so grateful that our Heavenly Father trusts in punk young adults to carry out this great work of salvation. I have learned so much and I still have so much to learn but I am grateful for the Atonement of Jesus Christ that helps us become better every day. I hope you all had a happy thanksgiving and that you remember to be grateful for your whole life!! all day, every day. Love and hugs!!


hermana Christensen



No comments:

Post a Comment