Sunday, December 10, 2017

Week 67: Omni

10/2/2017

Hey cute people. There are a million and one spiritual gems floating around in my mind these last few days. General Conference was spectacular (as usual). Overall, my thoughts and feelings are summarized by verse 13 in the book of Omni in the Book of Mormon. Omni, who knew?? In this situation, there is a king named Mosiah who lives in a land called Nephi. The Lord tells him to get out of town and so he and any righteous people who want to follow him pack up and head out. So they were obedient (1st important thing) and "did according as the Lord had commanded" the people that went with King Mosiah were the people that would "hearken unto the voice of the Lord". Now the good part. "and they were led by many preachings and prophesyings. And they were admonished continually by the word of God" So....general conference. A time full of preachings and prophesyings. I mean, how lucky are we to hear from 12 apostles of the Lord and the prophet?? So great. Pure revelation. And when we listen to the prophet and strictly obey his counsel, we are " led by the power of HIs arm, through the wilderness" I know that as we follow the counsel of the prohpets and apostles, we WILL BE and ARE led through the wilderness of this mortal life by the arm of our God. I savored general conference like the last morsel of beef jerkey on a camping trip. In Sunday, I watched it in Spanish but it was still SO good. (but it all just feels a little more true in english haha) My new companion/daughter is awesome. She is happy and cute and uses more sunscreen than me hahaha. We have been able to teach the Restoration several times this week and each time we do so, I know in my heart and mind that Joseph Smith talked to Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ and that the power of the preisthood is restored. How awesome!!!! I love you all and I pray for you always. 



Hermana Christensen

No comments:

Post a Comment