Sunday, December 10, 2017

Week 72: Talent Show

SO, this week we organized a talent show in the ward. It started 2 hours late and the ward mission leader told us that food wasnt necessary....(after we told the whole world that there would be free food) haha, so we were a little stressed and annoyed because he didnt buy anything and then a lady was like "I brought something" and she handed us a plastic bag and we went into the kitchen to see what it was. A glass bowl filled with little boiled potatoes and a tupperware of super strong and salty black olives (aceituna). It was a miracle!!!! I dont know how, but somehow everyone ate and there were even leftovers. God is good, yall! 

Also, love. It is so important to think about the emotions of other people. It was the birthday of our ward mission leader on Friday. Even though he is one of the most stubborn people I know and sometimes things are rough, we decided to buy him a slice of pound cake and stick a birthday candle in it and sing him "felz cumplaƱos". I am so glad that we went. I dont think anyone except his family had gone to visit him for his birthday (here is it is super offensive if you dont go to visit someone on their birthday...I dont know) He was happy and on Sunday, his wife told us that Hermano Martin (our mission leader) loves sweets and they hadnt been able to buy a cake this year. Also, all thats good comes around( I forget the phrase in english...but basically karma) They invited us to eat lunch on Sunday. I LOVE PERU. I love you guys so much and so awesome that Grandpa Neil met up with Angel and Rachel!!! some of my favorite people together!!! 

scriptures I liked this week:

Alma26: 22
Alma 28:14 
James1:17 
"Brighter and Brighter Until the Perfect Day"-General conference April 2017

-- 

Sister Madeline Christensen


No comments:

Post a Comment