Sunday, December 10, 2017

Week 71: Grandma Baker



I was hoping that Grandma could hold out until I got home but I am glad that she is going to be with grandpa. I regret not having more time to get to know her. But I am so so glad for all the moments that I had to share with her. One thing I love about grandma Baker (and grandma idaho) is their grace and discipline. I love that Grandma baker always taught music and loves music. It is something that I appreciate a lot. I also love how kind and gracious she is. She always sent me a birthday card. Which means a lot considering how many grandchildren and great grandchildren she has. When I think of "the refiners fire", Grandma Baker is someone that has been purified and refined to almost perfection. She reflects all of the Christ-like attributes in her character and attitudes about life. I love grandma baker. 






On Sun, Oct 29, 2017 at 10:24 PM, Robert Christensen <rkchristensen@gmail.com> wrote:
Dearest Hermana Christensen,

This last Thursday Grandma Baker passed away.  I was a missionary when Grandpa Baker passed away.  So while we’ve been blessed by her for all of these years, she’s been without Grandpa for a long, long time.  I can only imagine what happiness and joy are occurring in heaven as they reunite.   She’s been an important and constant part of my life ever since I was a little kid.  Aren’t we blessed to know that God’s plan is not a plan of termination, but that it is a plan of exaltation and eternal life?

I wonder if you’d take a minute and share a sentence or two of your favorite memory or (more importantly) ways/observations of how Grandma lived the Gospel and/or inspired Christlike living?

  


The happy news is, of course, that you are actively honoring Grandma’s legacy as you strive to be an obedient full time representative of Christ.  Thank you for that.  Her funeral will be Nov 11.  I’ve been asked to speak for the grandchildren.  Pray for me that I’ll be able to share what needs to be communicated.  I’ve been feeling that the most important things are to simply testify that families are eternal and that consistent Gospel living beautifully leads to conversion.  A converted Latter day Saint, like Grandma, serves as an inspiration and buoy to all those around her.   Through Christ, you can be that inspiration and buoy to those around you.  You can help those in Peru become better converted and then they buoy those around them. What a magnificent chain reaction.  It is one of the ways that we participate in Moses 1:39 — God’s great plan to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man.  Christ is the engine but we are often asked to be the vehicles to help and lift.  In short, keep up the good work.  This is the work that matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment