Sunday, December 10, 2017

Week 63: Fasting Works

Sep 4, 2017

Well Pretty People! This week was another great one. Let me just say. Fasting works. If you ever want to see a miracle (or a bunch of miracles) just fast. Because seriously, fasting is a powerful force.
 Another thing that I have been studying/thinking a lot about this past week is joy. 2 Nephi 5:27
27 And it came to pass that we lived after the manner of happiness.

I love this. Nephi and his people worked hard to keep the commandments and because of that, they were happy! Also, Elder Russell M Nelson has a great talk called " Joy and Spiritual Survival" there was a quote that I really liked. "the joy we feel has little to do with the circumstances of our lives and everything to do with the focus of our lives" " He is the source" 

I know that it is true. Nephi left his country, his friends, his worldly posessions, and his brothers wanted to kill him, he had to kill Laban, they lived in a tent, traveled for a looong time to get to the promised land and he was just as happy as a clam! I have a thousand mosquito bites, I walk until my feet bleed, people tell me they dont want to listen to me at least several times a day, I am far from everyone I know and love and I dont even speak this language 100% but I am so so so happy. We get to the room every night and are so exhausted. Spiritually, emotionally and physically. But I have never been so happy. I high-five people like its going out of style. Seriously. SO HAPPY. Even though its really hard sometimes, it doesnt really affect this solid state of joy that I feel. I love that every night in my journal I have so many miracles and blessings to write down. The hand of God in our life is so obvious when we take like 10 seconds to think about our day and how blessed we really are. Dont forget to read the Book of Mormon every day. And you better be praying individually and with your families! So important. Love yall!!!

Hermana Christensen

No comments:

Post a Comment